The Christ and Cultures Gathering is collaborating with the NSW & ACT Synod’s Uniting Mission and Education to bring to you a workshop on:
Easter through Middle Eastern Eyes.
|Date:||Thursday, 23 March 2017|
|Times:||Start: 12:30 p.m. / Finish: 4:30 p.m.|
|Venue:||Uniting Church Centre for Ministry
16 Masons Drive, North Parramatta
|Cost:||$10 per person + Eventbrite booking fee|
Some years ago the Sydney Morning Herald published a cartoon on Christmas Eve. The setting was a manger scene. The caption read: “And he will be of Middle Eastern appearance”. The purpose of this workshop is to explore a cross-cultural understanding of Easter.
- have a traditional Middle Eastern Lenten meal;
- recognise how different cultures observe Easter;
- enter into a Middle Eastern reading of the text via writings, icons and methods;
- participate in a Passover meal;
- consider Paul’s “word of the cross”;
- reflect on how that “word of the cross” addressed a church which is called to “live cross-culturally, for the sake of the multicultural kingdom of God”.
Rabbi Zalman Kastel will be demonstrating the Passover Meal with explanations and time for Q&A.
“Christ the Lord is risen. Our joy that has no end.”
St John of Damascus (676-749).
Please register and pay in advance, via the online ‘Tickets’ payment and registration form that appears below.
Please Note: Registrations Close – Sun. 12 March at 11:30 p.m.